12 Days of Hope
Listen weekdays to hear stories of God at work in the community through local ministries and nonprofits.
Click on each day to listen and learn!
Day 2 features veterans and the organizations who serve them.
- Kentucky Veterans Brigade, https://www.facebook.com/kentuckyveteransbrigade/
- Rolling Thunder Chapter 2 rollingthunderky2.com
Day 3 spotlights the impact of St. Benedict’s Shelter for Men.
St. Benedict’s is a temporary refuge for the homeless men in Owensboro. Their mission is to provide a safe, non-judgmental environment where residents can have a warm place to sleep, shower, eat, and wash their laundry in a Christian atmosphere. St. Benedict’s addresses barriers many of these men face in becoming independent by providing life skills classes, acute case management, ministering, transitional housing, and advocating services and resources. They also provide spiritual counseling through Bible studies and more.
Day 4 showcases the work of The Foundry.
The Foundry is a Christian Community Center focused on providing the children of Bowling Green opportunities to succeed. Their mission is to develop leaders among the children and young people of the West End of Bowling Green through education, health and fitness, and spiritual development.
While they are focused on the empowerment of the children in their academy and programs, The Foundry is committed to the community of the West End of Bowling Green. The Foundry is working towards a spiritual and community transformation that will improve the city and the souls of everyone involved.
- Men’s Emmaus Walk #93 – March 14-17, 2019 @ Christ United Methodist Church, Bowling Green
- Women’s Emmaus Walk #94 – March 21-24, 2019 @ Christ United Methodist Church, Bowling Green
- Chrysalis Flight #28 – January 19-21, 2019 @ James E. Bazzell Middle School, Scottsville