Socks for Seniors | Nov.1st -Dec.10th
Socks for Seniors
Collection runs from
To become a collection location or a volunteer to deliver socks, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Click the location for directions, hours vary by location)
- Christian Family Radio : Mon. – Fri. 8am-5pm
- Crossland Community Church : Sun. 8:30am-11am
- Downtown Chiropractic : Mon. – Fri. (hours vary by day)
- Service One Credit Union (All 3 locations: 31-W-Bypass, Campbell Ln., & WKU Campus)
- Storage Sense (Searcy Way Location) : Mon. – Fri. 9:30am-5:30pm; Sat. 9am-2pm
- Dollar General Store : Mon. – Sun. 8am-10pm
- The Golf Place : Tues. – Fri. 10am-8pm; Sun. 12pm-6pm
- Crossland Community Church : Tues. – Thur. 9am – 3pm
- Ely Drugs Medical Supply : Mon. – Fri. 8am-6pm; Sat. 8am-1pm
- Service One Credit Union : Mon. – Thur. 9am -4pm; Fri. 9am-5pm
- Workout Anytime : Mon. – Thur. 9am-8pm; Fri. 9am-6pm; Sat. 9am-3pm
- Butler County Circuit Clerk’s Office : Mon. – Fri. 8am-4pm
- Hocker Family & The Essentials Insurance Group : Mon. – Fri. 9am-5pm
- Christ Community Church : Sat. 5:30pm- 6:30pm; Sun. 9am – 11:45am
- Kentucky Wesleyan College – Winchester Community Center : Mon. – Fri. 8am-5pm
- L. Steve Castlen Realtors : Mon. – Fri. 8am-5pm
- Rice Agri-Marketing : Mon. – Fri. 8am-4pm
- Yates Pharmacy : Mon. – Fri. 8:30am-5:30pm; Sat. 8:30am-1:30pm
- Scottsville Animal Hospital : Mon. – Fri. 7am-5pm; Sat. 8am-12pm
What kind of socks?
Funny, funky, holiday styles that you can find.
- Fun Fuzzy Socks
- Colorful long socks
- White Tube socks
- Socks with grips on bottom (to prevent sliding)
- Orthopedic Socks, etc.
The brighter the better!
Socks For Seniors and it’s volunteers have one priority this Holiday Season and that is to bring holiday cheer along with a pair of new socks to warm the hearts and cover the cold feet of our elderly.
The Holidays are a fun time of year with all the work parties, gatherings, with all the bells, whistles, hustle and bustle of the season.
But for some it can also be a depressing time of year. Our seniors can get lost in the shuffle.
Each year, thousands of lonely and financially challenged seniors struggle with the holiday blues. They dread facing the holiday season alone – some being without family or friends, some with the isolation of being a widow or widower. Some seniors just being away from children and grandchildren produces extreme loneliness that’s exaggerated by festivities of the season.