Socks For Seniors
8th Annual ~ November 5-December 10
Nearly 18,000 pairs donated since 2010!
The holidays are a fun time of year with all the office parties, family gatherings, meetings with old friends topped off with all the bells, whistles, hustle and bustle of the season.
It’s the friendliest and most giving time of year. But, for some it can also be a depressing time of year. Our seniors can get lost in the shuffle. They face the holiday season alone – some being without family or friends, some with the isolation of being a widow or widower.
Socks For Seniors is about bringing holiday cheer along with a pair of new socks to warm the hearts and cover the chilly feet of our seniors.
The socks you donate in your city will stay in your community benefiting local senior citizens. The funnier, funkier holiday styles you can find the better! Of course, we still can use traditional socks as well.
- Downtown Chiropractic (State St.)
- Crossland Community Church (31-W Bypass, Fairview Plaza)
- Forest Park Baptist Church (Old Morgantown Rd.)
- Owensboro Christian Church (New Hartford Rd.)
- Barren County Family YMCA (YMCA Way)
- Ely Drugs (Happy Valley Rd.)
- Farmers RECC (South Broadway)
- Scottsville First United Methodist Church (East Main St.)
- Scottsville Animal Hospital (Old Gallatin Rd.)
- Agape Health Center (South 2nd St.)
- LifePoint Ministry Center (Witt Rd)
- Hocker Family Insurance & The Essentials Insurance Group (North Main St.)
- Lewisburg Banking Co. (North Main St.)
- Priceless IGA (Logan Square, just off N Main St. in Russellville )
- Central City IGA (South 2nd St., in Central City)
- Rural King (Cooper Creek Dr., in Powderly)